In addition to my monthly habits, I’ve decided to do 100 day challenges. Three of them to be exact.
First 100 day challenge
I have a secret to tell you: that woman in the picture is not me. I cannot do that. In fact, I am quite far from doing that. But that’s all going to change. That’s right. My first 100 day challenge is to do the splits.
Pretty exciting stuff.
Here’s my plan: I’m going to make 10 second videos, every day, of my attempts to do the splits. These videos will be posted on the ever so awesome Give it 100 website. I’ll then make weekly videos showing my progress, which I will share with you here and on the Cultivating Habits Facebook page. This will:
- help keep me accountable
- help keep me motivated (hello progress!)
Now obviously if I want to actually achieve this goal I have to give it more than 10 seconds a day. My plan is to set aside 10 minutes a day to focus on stretches for the splits. I can do this while I’m watching a movie or fit it into my daily yoga practice.
Yesterday I did this great 1 hour yoga routine for hips and hamstrings.
Throughout this challenge I will be following stretches for the splits video, keeping up with my yoga, and practicing every day.
This is the basic routine that I’ll be doing at least three times a week:
My hip flexors are very tight and angry, so I’m hoping the stretching will help them to chill out – and that is my big reason for why I’m doing this. Because if there’s one thing I’ve learned about cultivating new habits it’s this: you need a good reason for doing it.
Check out my progress updates!
- Week 1 of doing the splits – Feeling Good
- Week 2 of doing the splits – Not seeing any Progress, But Still Doing Good
- Week 3 of doing the splits – Starting to Feel Frustrated
- Week 4 of doing the splits – Decided to Change my Mind Set
- Week 5 of doing the splits – Bought some Props to Help Me
- Week 7 of doing the splits – Was Away on Vacation Week 6, Didn’t Practice
- Week 8 of doing the splits – Losing Motivation
- Week 9 of doing the splits – Losing Motivation, Need to Find a New Way to Hold myself Accountable